A myth which always wanders in the minds of the majority of the people is that the life of a wedding photographer is easy and exciting. But, it’s just the opposite; because being a wedding photographer, I have to plan several days before and keep track of plenty of things during the entire wedding photoshoot.
Loud music, surrounding chaos, the demand of the guests to capture their picture with the bride and groom and looking for the perfect angle to click the best shot is a major challenge for me. Amidst all this chaos, taking care of expensive equipment and ensuring its functionality is a prerequisite. Hence, I make it a point to develop an excellent relationship with the wedding coordinator to get a perfect shot.
Apart from these, one of the most challenging tasks for wedding photographers like us is to remember the name of family members. I plan a prior meeting with the bride and groom, understand their vision and requirements for the big day and try to get a list of important family members from them.
I have been in his domain for the past 6 years and working as a wedding photographer in Albany. With my experience, let me take you into a day in the life of a wedding photographer like me:
– In the morning, I have to gather all my equipment such as lenses, flashes, tripods, and extra equipment and carry them with me to the different locations.
– After that, the most significant work is to reach the bride’s home on time to capture wedding preparation shots comprising of bridal makeup, hairstyling and dressing. At the same time, I have to send an assistant photographer for the groom’s photoshoot at his place
– Later, I have to reach the wedding venue to scout any area which can provide exceptional views for taking stunning shots.
– After that, I have to run for bridal party shots and photo shoots of family members; and, at the same time, my assistant photographer takes the photos of the groom and bride separately.
– After that, my focus is to settle on a place for shooting the ceremony from different angles. I click some important shots such as the bride’s entrance and the groom standing before the bride and looking into her eyes.
– Later on, the most significant work is to follow couples from the ceremony site and shoot their exit.
– Covering every ceremony, I reach the reception venue for further shoots of cake cutting, First dance, and their fun moments with their relatives.
– As soon as I reach home I tend to take the backup of the entire work that I do throughout the day and make sure it’s safe and secure. I also make sure that all the data is in perfect working sequence.
– It takes almost 2 to 4 weeks to edit everything. I send soft copies of the pictures to the couple which they can share on different social media platforms.
– If you are looking for a photographer for wedding in Albany, I am always backpacked to give you a perfect wedding photoshoot in Albany. Make your wedding more memorable With Just Shoot With Saumya.